Building on the post, Chia Seed Protein Pudding: Three Ways, here is the first recipe instalment.
For me, there is nothing quite like a proper pina colada in a tropical destination. However, I find myself craving the flavours of one even in the dead of winter with no palm trees in sight. Pina Colada smoothies have been done to death, but if you’re looking for a fresh take on a classic breakfast and snack, you have to try out this Tropical Pina Colada Chia Seed Protein Puddings. They’re super quick and easy to make, are a healthy meal alternative, and are damn tasty.
In addition to chia seeds, you will need (scroll through for full recipe):
Pina Colada Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
For single serving:
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 scoop banana-flavoured protein powder
- 1/2 almond milk (or water)
- 1/3 cup fresh or canned pineapple, chopped into large chunks
- 1/2 banana, sliced thickly
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes (optional: lightly toasted)
- 1 tbsp dried dragon fruit (I like Noberasco)
- Place chia seeds in a bowl, cup, or glass. Top with coconut milk & almond milk and stir. Place in refrigerator for minimum 10 minutes, or up to overnight. Give it a stir after the first 10 minutes.
- Once mixture has thickened, remove from fridge. Add in protein powder and combine. Stir in chopped pineapple and bananas (reserve some pieces for topping).
- Top chia seed pudding with leftover pineapple & banana slices. Sprinkle over coconut flakes and dried dragon fruit. Serve & enjoy!