If you find yourself craving an indulgent snack, look no further than this ah-mazing Mocha Macadamia Pudding. I’ve upped the ante by adding in dried mulberries, as inspired by my favourite loose-leaf tea. David’s Tea makes this incredible and unique herbal blend called Mulberry Magic, that combines macadamia chunks, and dried mulberries. Now I never even think of having macadamia nuts without mulberries.
The mocha aspect of this pudding makes it seem as if its a decadent treat, when it fact its as healthy as can be (sugar-free + low carb + high protein). And what makes a better combo than coffee and chocolate? Top it off with some greek yogurt, and its as if dessert is served.
In addition to chia seeds, you will need (scroll through for full recipe):
Mocha Macadamia Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
For single serving:
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1 shot of espresso (or 2 oz brewed coffee)
- 1 cup almond milk (or liquid of choice: milk, water, etc.)
- 1 scoop chocolate-flavoured protein powder
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- stevia, to taste
- 1/3 cup raw macadamia nuts
- 1 tbsp dried mulberries (optional)
- 1 tbsp greek yogurt
- Place chia seeds in a bowl, cup, or glass. Top with espresso and almond milk and stir. Place in refrigerator for minimum 10 minutes, or up to overnight. Give it a stir after the first 10 minutes.
- Once mixture has thickened, remove from fridge. Add in protein powder and cocoa powder and combine. Add stevia to desired sweetness.
- Top chia seed pudding with greek yogurt. Sprinkle over macadamia nuts and mulberries. Serve & enjoy!