With Halloween less than two weeks away, there’s sure to be some last minute scramble to find the most clever costume, perfect party treat, or great decor item. Thankfully, I’ve got your covered. With the holiday often teetering on the more cheesy side of things, I’ve compiled a list of my favourite Halloween ideas that don’t scream tacky (some are still scary, though, I promise!). Most are just plain pretty.
Here are the top ten Halloween Ideas to try out this year:
(click on the image to take you to it’s link)
1. Carve a pineapple instead of a pumpkin.
2. Make & Decorate Mexican Sugar Skulls.
3. Paint Your Nails in a Dripping Blood Effect.
4. Bedazzle Your Pumpkin, Instead of Carving It.
(My favourite is the donut one, as seen here.)
5. Wrap Food Jars in These Printable Labels.
6. Make Red Velvet Cake Eye Balls.
7. Use Old Wine Bottles as Candle Holders.
I especially love the idea of spray painting the wine bottles in a matte black, then using either black or cream coloured candles, and letting the wax ddid down to create a spookier effect!
8. Try One of These Face Painting Techniques.
With face-painting this good, you could get away without even wearing the rest of the costume!
9. Stack Life-Sized Skull Candles.