For those of you lucky enough to have a blender as part of your kitchen tools arsenal, then you have to try out this blended chia seed pudding recipe. Or if you’ve been on the fence on trying out chia seed puddings period, for fear of their size-multiplying sliminess, then this is the perfect recipe to ease you (or your picky bf) into them.
The bright pink colour helps too (in my case, anyway).
The beets lend a unique taste, but still tastes great thanks to the berries and vanilla protein powder.
In addition to chia seeds, you will need (scroll through for full recipe):
Blended Berry & Beet Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
For single serving:
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup red berries, such as strawberries and/or raspberries
- 1/2 cup beet juice
- 1 scoop vanilla-flavoured protein powder
- 1/4 almond milk (or water)
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp goji berries or other dried fruit (I like Noberasco)
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes (optional: lightly toasted)
- Place chia seeds in a bowl, cup, or glass. Top with beet juice & almond milk and stir. Place in refrigerator for minimum 10 minutes, or up to overnight. Give it a stir after the first 10 minutes.
- Once mixture has thickened, remove from fridge. Add in protein powder and berries and blend together in a blender. Stir in greek yogurt until combined (I don’t like blending yogurt as I find it makes it watery. You can if you prefer to though.)
- Top chia seed pudding with dried or fresh fruit. Sprinkle over coconut flakes. Serve & enjoy!